Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao, who is running for a seat in the Senate, has released guidelines for media who wish to join press conferences, briefings and interview opportunities on his upcoming bout.
Pacquiao will lock horns with American welterweight titleholder Timothy Bradley Jr. on April 9 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, USA. This will be their third and likely final time.
In a statement posted on his Facebook account, Pacquiao said any media practitioner who violates any of the foregoing rules shall be banned.
Here are the guidelines:
1. No question shall be asked regarding Manny Pacquiao’s political career, including his present bid for a seat in the Philippine Senate. This shall include questions about his present political position as a congressman in Sarangani province, as well as his programs, accomplishments, and projects as such congressman.
2. No question shall be asked regarding Manny Pacquiao’s dreams or plans for the Filipino people at large. He shall not be asked about his advocacies, except as it relates to his profession as a boxer.
3. No question shall be asked regarding Manny Pacquiao’s personal history and biography, except those that are solely focused on his boxing career.
4. No question shall be asked regarding Manny Pacquiao’s future plans except as they relate to his profession as a boxer.
5. No statement must be made or uttered endorsing the candidacy of Manny Pacquiao for the Philippine Senate. Neither should any statement be made soliciting votes for Manny Pacquiao, or any other form of assistance for his political campaign.