Authorities have yet to find any member of the FV Liberty 5 crew after the Filipino fishing vessel collided with Hong-kong registered bulk carrier vessel MV Vienna Wood and the former capsized at the waters of Occidental Mindoro on Sunday, June 28.
“Sa mga oras na ito wala pa silang positive na naibigay sa atin. Wala pa silang nakikita,” said Fermin Sotto, general manager of Irma Fishing and Trading Company, said on Monday, June 29, during DZRH’s Damdaming Bayan.
Irma Fishing and Trading Company owns FV Liberty 5.
Sotto remains hopeful that the crew of FV Liberty survived the maritime incident since the company found posts in social media platform Facebook about survivors from the capsized fishing boat.
“May mga haka-haka doon sa Facebook na meron daw survivor. Inaantay namin yung tumawag sila dito sa amin para mapuntahan namin. Sana totoo iyon,” Sotto said.
“Malaking bagay sa amin iyon na makakuha tayo ng impormasyon at makuha namin kaagad sila, matulungan kaagad, at mapaiabot sa kanilang pamilya,” he added.
FV Liberty 5 has 14 crew members including:
- Captain Jose Alfonso,
- Chief-mate Renante Dahon,
- Chief engineer Renel Macura,
- Assistant engineer Miguel Booc III,
- Oiler Jeoffrey Bantog,
- Oiler Jerome Alaska,
- Master hatch-man Michael Flores,
- Hatch-man Jayson Bigonte,
- Hatch-man Andre Robert Ampugon,
- Hatch-man Bartolome Oas Jr.,
- Hatch-man Herbert Dalabahan,
- Hatch-man Renard Repares,
- Passenger Ariel Tabang, and
- Passenger Eduardo Malipol
Sotto urged the public to contact numbers: 288 3401 or 0943 130 0697 if they have information regarding the crew members of FV Liberty V.