Reports started circulating Tuesday that the alleged victim of JYJ member Park Yoochun has dropped her charges against the said singer/actor.
The charges of sexual assault were filed on Monday by the victim’s boyfriend, claiming that Mr. Park sexually assaulted his girlfriend early morning of June 4 inside a washroom at a liquor/entertainment bar.
The victim is an employee of the said establishment.
Park Yoochun’s management, C-Jes Entertainment immediately slammed the said accusation and said that these are all “one-sided claims that had yet to be verified.”
However, this morning, reports claim that the charges have been dropped. According to a South Korean news source, the victim’s boyfriend explained that when he was informed of what happened between his girlfriend and Mr. Park, he got angry and decided to file a case against the popular South Korean actor.
After much thought, the boyfriend said that it was his fault for not finding out the whole truth behind the said incident before making any move.
In line with this, Mr. Park through his management said that they have yet to receive the copies for both the assault charges and the alleged withdrawal papers. But they continue to stand firm on their statement that Park Yoochun is innocent from the said allegation and in time, his name will be cleared from this.
Meanwhile, some entertainment sources claim that the victim, who had been labeled by as “Ms. Lee” did not drop her charges against Park Yoochun.
Park Yoochun, together with his other JYJ members Junsu and Jaejoong, used to belong in the group TVXQ, one of the pioneer boy groups in South Korea.