Malacanang remains mum on the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte is he will endorse anyone in the May midterm elections.
In a statement, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that he only knew for certain that the President had already publicly endorsed the candidacies of his former special assistant Christopher “Bong” Go, his former political adviser Francis Tolentino and former Bureau of Corrections chief Ronald Dela Rosa.
Panelo also added that Duterte may be holding back because the campaign period would not start until Feb. 12. He also could not say if the President would adopt the candidates endorsed by the administration party Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan and Hugpong ng Pagbabago, the regional party of his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
“It’s his call, depending on what he wants. It’s the logical consequence (to carry his party’s slate), but this President is someone you cannot predict,” Panelo said.
However, according to reports, the chief executive’s “Du It” list already includes at least 10 to 11 candidates.