The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Thursday that motorists should expect heavy traffic along EDSA blvd. due to the road repairs and reblocking by the Department of Public Works and Highways over the weekend.
In an advisory Thursday, the MMDA said the repairs will start on Friday at 10 p.m. until Monday, 5 a.m.
Affected areas along EDSA are:
Along EDSA between Roosevelt Avenue and East Lawin (Southbound, 4th lane), Quezon City.
– Along Balete Drive between Aurora Boulevard and Campanilla (1st lane), Quezon City.
– Along EDSA between Guadalupe Bridge and Ayala Avenue (Southbound, 1st lane), Makati City.
– Along EDSA between Reliance and Ortigas Avenue (Northbound, 1st lane of Shaw Blvd. tunnel).
– Along EDSA between Santolan and Ortigas Avenue (Southbound, 5th lane from Santolan to approach of Ortigas flyover and on 1st lane of service road of Ortigas flyover).
– Along EDSA between New York Street and Monte de Piedad (Southbound, 1st lane)
The MMDA advised motorists to take alternative routes.