Former Makati City Vice Mayor Ernesto Mercado will present more evidence against Vice President Jejomar Binay once the Senate blue ribbon subcommittee’s hearing on the Makati car park building resumes next year.
Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, one of the members in the panel, said: “I have personally seen much more evidence than what was presented so far in the hearings…There are more pieces of evidence, and they are very damning. Of course, we will get the other side to refute the evidence.’’
Mercado is in the United State reportedly to attend to his ailing wife. He is set to return tomorrow, November 30.
Cayetano said there is no need for Mercado to present more evidence because there are ways to gather, say online, or through a government-to-government coordination.
Mercado has accused Binay of profiting from Makati City projects and owning several luxurious properties.
The Senate probe on the alleged Makati car park building will resume in January 2015.