Filipino riders will gear up for three days of thrilling bike action as Cycle Asia, in partnership with Alaska and Sunrise Events, launches Alaska Cycle Philippines 2015 from May 15-17 at SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City.
Alaska Cycle Philippines is the third event of its kind in the Philippines, the first one being the BGC Cycle Philippines, which debuted in the Philippines last November 2013 with over 2,000 participants.
These events are part of the calendar of Cycle Asia, a network of premier cycling events across the region that offers participants the rare opportunity to ride on safe closed public roads in major Asian cities. The events will cater to cyclists of all ages and abilities with the following categories:
- Tricycle Ride: The 100m / 500m Tricycle Ride is specially designed for young kids between the ages of two and five, so even the littlest peddlers can ride in their own event. Each child can be accompanied on foot by one adult.
o 100 meters for ages 2 – 3
o 500 meters for ages 4 – 5
- Kids Ride: Open to children between the ages of six and ten, this ride offers separate categories for two different age groups. Children can safely enjoy this ride all by themselves or as part of a parent-child team.
o 5KM for ages 5 – 9
- Junior Challenge: A more challenging category designed for older children, this ride is open to anyone between the ages of ten and twelve. The objective is to ride as fast as possible for 30 minutes.
o 30mins for ages 10 – 12
- Community Ride: Whether you are an amateur cyclist, or just looking for a fun day out, join this non-competitive ride as an individual or as a team. This ride is for anyone aged 10 and above.
o 20KM for ages 10 and above
- Foldies Community Ride: Catered to the popular folding bikes cycling community, the 20km ride invites even more people to join in this exciting and fun cycling experience!
o 20km for ages 10 and above
- The Challenge: Ready for more? Take up this challenge, which is open to anyone aged 14 and above. You can take part as an individual or as a team.
o 40km for ages 14 and above
What’s new this 2015? There will be the Individual Community Ride with Bike Category. You can now join the Alaska Cycle Philippines without bringing your own bike. You get the complete perks of a community ride registrant PLUS a BIKE yours to own. Distance is 20 km. Registration fee is P6,000.