Malacanang will release an executive order before October 17 to revert the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) to the Office of the Press Secretary (OPS).
This was guaranteed by PCOO Sec. Martin Andanar, who said that Executive Sec. Salvador Medialdea is already ironing out the plan to bring back the OPS, which was dissolved by the previous Administration.
“Talagang pinaplantsa na lang nila at most likely kung hindi this week baka sa 17,” Andanar said during an exclusive interview with DZRH.
Andanar previously said that he has submitted a draft EO to Medialdea regarding reverting the PCOO to the OPS.
The PCOO secretary said that he supports the proposal of reverting the PCOO back to OPS since there were functions that got lost after the OPS was divided into the PCOO and the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office.
Andanar further revealed that President Rodrigo Duterte plans to give Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque the position of Press Secretary.
During the Senate hearing for the 2019 budget of the PCOO, Senate President Vicente Sotto raised the idea of reverting the PCOO back to the OPS following the recent blunders of the PCOO.