A magnitude 5.5 earthquake jolts Occidental Mindoro on the morning of Saturday, Phivolcs confirmed.
— DZRH NEWS (@dzrhnews) May 4, 2019
The quake occurred at 9:05 AM south west of the town of Rizal, while the temblor was tectonic in origin and had a depth of 12 kilometers.
The following intensities were recorded:
- Intensity III – Lipa City, Batangas; Malay, Aklan
- Intensity II – San Nicolas, Batangas; City of Manila
- Intensity IV – San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
- Intensity III – Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
- Intensity II – Tagaytay City; Malinao, Aklan; Sebaste and Culasi, Antique; Calatagan, Batangas
- Intensity I – Talisay, Batangas; Dolores and Mauban, Quezon