Congress approved on its third and final ready the proposed Php 3.7 trillion budget for 2018.
House Bill 6215 or the 2018 General Appropriations Act was approved after 223 lawmakers voted in favor of the proposal while nine congressmen voted against it.
Based on HB 6215, the agencies that will receive the largest allocation of funds are:
- Department of Education – Php 567.562 billion
- Department of Public Works and Highways – Php 458.610 billion
- Department of Interior and Local Government – Php 150.051 billion
- Department of National Defense – Php 134.543 billion
- Department of Social Welfare and Development – Php 129.912 billion
- Department of Health – Php 94.047 billion
- Department of Transportation – Php 55.479 billion
- Department of Agriculture – Php 45.292 billion
- The Judiciary – Php 32.542 billion
- Department of Natural Resources – Php 29.371 billion
Also included within the HB 6215 are the budgets for the Build, Build, Build program of the Duterte Administration and the Php 40 billion that will be used to fund the Free Higher Education program for 2018.
The Lower House is still waiting for the Senate version of the said bill.
Malacanang will then be given a copy of the approved 2018 national budget, to be signed by President Rodrigo Duterte.