Typhoon Tisoy has slightly weakened and is now over Burias Island, however, its eyewall is currently bringing violent winds and intense rainfall over Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, and Masbate.
This eyewall is forecast to affect Southern Quezon, Romblon, and Marinduque in the next 3 hours.
In a severe weather bulletin, PAGASA said that ‘Tisoy’ was last seen at San Pascual, Quezon (Burias Island) and is moving West at 20 kph with maximum sustained winds of 155 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 235 kph.
The state weather bureau added that frequent to continuous heavy to intense (with isolated torrential) rains over Bicol Region, Romblon, Marinduque, Mindoro Provinces, CALABARZON, Metro Manila, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan. Also, occasional to frequent heavy rains over the rest of Central Luzon while intermittent heavy rains over Samar Provinces, Biliran, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, Guimaras, and the northern.
Late Tuesday afternoon and on Wednesday morning, frequent to continuous heavy (with isolated intense) rains is expected over Mindoro Provinces, Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Rizal, and Northern Quezon including Polillo Islands.
Occasional heavy rains over Cagayan Valley, Cordillera Administrative Region, Marinduque, Romblon and the rest of CALABARZON while intermittent heavy rains are expected over Bicol Region and Calamian Islands.
On the other hand, forecast storm surge measuring 2 up to 3 meters is forecasted over several coastal areas in Batangas, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, Romblon, Ticao and Burias Islands, and the southern coast of Southern Quezon; 1 to 2 meters over Camarines Norte, northern coast of Southern Quezon, Cavite, Metro Manila, Bulacan, Pampanga, Bataan, and Zambales (Subic Bay coastal areas).
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 3 is raised over the following areas:
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Southern portion of Quezon (Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, Tayabas, Pagbilao, Lucena, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Plaridel, Unisan, Pitogo, Gumaca, Lopez, Macalelon, General Luna, Calauag, Guinayangan, Tagkawayan, Catanauan, Buenavista, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Francisco,and San Andres)
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island
Meanwhile, Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal (TCWS) No. 2 was also hoisted in the areas of:
- Metro Manila
- Nueva Ecija
- Southern Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, Baler, San Luis, Dingalan)
- Rest of Quezon including Polillo Islands, Calamian Islands (Coron, Busuanga, Culion, Linapacan),
- Cuyo Islands (Cuyo, Magsaysay, Agutaya)
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- Northern portion of Negros Occidental (Talisay, Calatrava, Silay, Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias, Manapla, Cadiz, Sagay, Escalante, Toboso, Bacolod, Murcia, Salvador Benedicto, San Carlos, Bago, Pulupandan, Valladolid, La Carlota, San Enrique, Pontevedra, La Castellana, Moises Padilla)
- Northern Cebu (Daanbantayan, Bantayan, Madridejos, Santa Fe, Medellin, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon, Tabuelan, Tuburan, Carmen Borbon, Sogod, Catmon, Asturias, and Camotes Islands)
The areas placed under TCWS No. 1 are:
- Southern Isabela (Palanan, Dinapigue, San Mariano, San Guillermo, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, Aurora, Cabatuan, San Mateo, Cauayan City, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Cordon, Santiago City, Jones and San Agustin)
- Mountain Province
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- Rest of Aurora
- Northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Araceli, Dumaran, San Vicente, Roxas)
- Rest of Negros Occidental
- Negros Oriental
- Rest of Cebu
- Southern Leyte