Two large flames engulfed parts of Metro Manila early Tuesday morning.
Authorities quickly responded after a fire sparked at Central Signal Village in Taguig which was raised to the second alarm. Seven small-scale businesses were affected by the incident.
Authorities reported that the fire began after an electric fan overheated in the home of a certain Freddie Dayao.
Another flame sparked in Barangay Salvacion, Quezon City and was soon raised to third alarm.
The incident has left the homes of about eight families engulfed in flames.
According to the Bureau of Fire Protection, an estimate of Php 200,000 worth of damages was caused by the fire in Taguig and Quezon City.