Dr. Francis Cruz, the former consultant of Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial, on Saturday, exposed the alleged “mafia” system that operated within the Department of Health (DOH) especially during the procurement of the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine.
During a media briefing, Cruz revealed the names of the alleged DOH officials involved who profited from the risked riddled dengue vaccine which included former Health Secretary Janette Garin and;
- Dr. Mario Villaverde
- Dr. Gerardo Bayugo
- Lilibeth David
- Carol Taño
- Assistant Secretary Lyndon Lee-Suy
- Assistant Secretary Nestor Santiago
- Officer-in-Charge (OIC) Director Joyce Ducusin
- OIC Directors Marvin Bello
- Financial Mangement Service Director Larry Cruz
- Regional Director Leonila Gorgolon
- Regional Directors Ariel Valencia
- Regional Directors Rio Magpantay
- Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) Chief Julius Lecciones
- DOH Undersecretaries Nemesio Gako
- Kenneth Hartigan-Go
- Director Yolanda Oliveros
During an interview with DZRH’s Magandang Umaga Pilipinas, Cruz explained that the anobe mentioned officials evolved into a mafia after they were repeatedly tempted into corruption.
“ I’ll leave it to the NBI kung sinong ‘ulo’ ng mafia transactions. But I can say right now, Garin has strong influence over these people,” Cruz told DZRH.
According to Cruz, they will be asking current Health Secretary Francisco Duque to provide copies of the accused’s service records and their Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net worth (SALN).
“I’m asking the honorable Secretary to provide us with a certified true copy of their service record and their public issuance,” he added.
The Dengvaxia vaccine was implemented during the administration of then-President Benigno Aquino and cost the government a sum of Php 3.5-billion.