Worldwide sensation Celine Dion has decided to put a halt to all her show business commitments indefinitely as she would like to focus on her husband Rene, their family and some undisclosed health concerns.
Through her official website, Ms. Dion stated that since her husband’s operation last December, the couple is still struggling on the day-to-day challenges with Rene’s battle with Cancer.
On top of that, Celine also needs to take care of her children while juggling a very active singing career.
As she continues with her stint in Las Vegas, she has been inflicted with an inflammation of her throat muscles causing some of her shows to be cancelled. Her last performance was on July 29.
In her statement, Celine said that she wants to devote every ounce of her strength and energy in her husband’s healing. For her to fulfill that, she has to sacrifice for the meantime her career. She apologized to her fans for the inconvenience this indefinite hiatus of hers is bringing them and thanked them for their love and support.
In line with this, all shows in the Collosseum in Las Vegas and even her scheduled Asian tour that were previously scheduled for the end of the year are all cancelled. Incidentally, Celine is set to have a concert here in the Philippines slated on November 29, 2014, no announcement has been made yet by the organizers regarding the said matter.