Nation

Bulacan COVID-19 cases going down, says governor

Special on Saturday host Cesar Chavez with guest Bulacan Gov. Daniel Fernando

MANILA—COVID-19 cases in Bulacan province are going down even as young people are getting the infected of the new coronavirus disease, Governor Daniel Fernando said Saturday, October 17.

In an interview in DZRH Special On Saturday (SOS) program, Fernando said the COVID-19 cases have gone down to 96 percent while the number of the asymptomatic individuals in home isolation decreased to 600 from 1,003.

He said he had issued a directive against home isolation but when the quarantine facilities in the municipalities are filled up, he allows it.

Fernando said he allows home isolation if the house is a two-story building and if the house only comprises a single floor, a room for isolation must be established and house lockdown is imposed.

He said he does not allow individuals with mild and severe cases to isolate in their homes.

Fernando revealed that the provincial quarantine facility that was used to be full of patients have only four patients on Saturday (October 17).

He said the provincial government has already established its own molecular laboratory and the Bulacan Infectious Control Center or COVID Hospital that helped much in tracing and containing the spread of the virus.

In addition, Fernando said, the provincial government has procured COVID-19 medicines Remdevisir and Avigan for severe and mild cases, respectively.

He had also ordered all hospitals in Bulacan to set aside 30 percent of their beds for COVID-19 cases in compliance with the directive of the Department of Health (DOH).

Fernando said during the early months of the pandemic the survey they conducted showed there are tens of thousands of individuals in the towns of San Jose Del Monte, Meycauayan, Sta. Maria, and Marilao who are working in Metro Manila which made them hotspots of COVID-19.

He said what he did was instruct the police to strictly monitor all those going in and out of Bulacan to Metro Manila and the provincial government hired 2,000 contact tracers to immediately follow up those who had been exposed to positive individuals.

Fernando said he strictly imposed quarantine in the government facilities to those found positive of COVID-19 while all the members of their families were swabbed and tested.

He said his constituents under house lockdown are provided with subsidy from the provincial government.

Fernando said the provincial government through the police force continues to strictly monitor and keep guard the entries to Bulacan province.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*