The excitement of some traditional public utility jeepney (PUJ) drivers in Taguig City turned to disappointment after learning that they cannot resume operations on Friday, July 3.
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) issued on Wednesday, July 1, guidelines for traditional PUJs to resume operations in Metro Manila, and routes where they can ply with no ‘special permit necessary’ starting Friday.
Alliance of Concerned Transport Organization (ACTO) – South president Juancho Caparino, however, said on Thursday, July 2, that the initial 49 routes approved by LTFRB excludes the FTI – Alabang – Pasay route and other routes in the southern portion of Metro Manila.
“Lahat ng dito sa south, walang kasama rito kaya kami ay dismayado,” Caparino said during DZRH’s Damdaming Bayan.
The transport group leader appealed for the LTFRB to allow him and his fellow traditional PUJ drivers in Taguig City to resume operations in the upcoming days.
Caparino mentioned that some PUJ drivers had to resort to begging in the streets in order to feed their families since they have no source of livelihood for more than three months, and they did not benefit from the social amelioration program of the government.
“Wala naman kaming nakuhang ayuda sa gobyerno. Yung sinasabi natin na social amelioration, wala, hindi totoo iyon. Kung nagkaroon dito, siguro 20 percent,” Caparino stressed.
Caparino assured the LTFRB that they can comply with the physical distancing and other guidelines set by the Department of Health (DOH) amidst the 2019 Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
“Gutom na ang mga driver dito kaya sana sa mga susunod na araw, lumabas na rin yung amin. Handang-handa na kami. Handa kaming sumunod sa social distancing na sinasabi natin,” he said.
Caparino said that around 6,000 traditional PUJ units operate in the southern portion of the National Capital Region.
Based on Memorandum Circular 2020-026 issued by LTFRB, the initial 49 routes include:
- T102 Camarin, Caloocan – Novaliches, Quezon City
- T103 Karuhatan, Valenzuela – Ugong, Valenzuela
- T104 Malabon – Monumento via Letre (Caloocan)
- T105 Malabon (TP) – Navotas (TP)
- T107 Monumento – Navotas via Letre
- T205 Cubao – Project 4 via JP Rizal (QC)
- T206 Cubao – San Juan via N Domingo
- T208 IBP Road – Lupang Pangako via Gravel Pit Road (QC)
- T209 Marikina – Pasig
- T210 Pantranco – Project 2 & 3 via Kamuning (QC)
- T211 Project 2 & 3 – Q Mart (QC)
- T212 Sucat Highway – Bagumbayan (Parañaque)
- T213 Ayala – Pateros via JP Rizal
- T215 Marikina – Pateros via Pasig
- T301 A. Bonifacio, Manila – A. Mabini via 10th Ave (QC)
- T302 A. Bonifacio, Manila – D Tuazon/E. Rodriguez Ave. (QC)
- T303 A. Rivera – Raon via Severino Reyes (Manila)
- T305 Ayala – Mantrade via Pasong Tamo (Makati)
- T306 Ayala – Washington (Makati)
- T309 Balic-Balic – Quiapo via Lepanto (Manila)
- T310 Balic-Balic – Bustillos via G. Tuazon (Manila)
- T311 Balic-Balic – España/M Dela Fuente (Manila)
- T312 Balintawak – Frisco (QC)
- T313 Balut, QC – Blumentritt, Manila
- T314 Blumentritt – North Harbor via Divisoria (Manila)
- T316 Boni – Kalentong JRC via Boni Avenue (Makati)
- T317 Dian – Libertad (Manila)
- T318 Divisoria – Gastambide via Morayta (Manila)
- T320 Divisoria – Pier North via Plaza Moriones (Manila)
- T321 Divisoria – Quiapo via Evangelista (Manila)
- T322 Evangelista – Libertad (Makati)
- T323 Divisoria – Velasquez (Manila)
- T324 Guadalupe Market – L Guinto via Pasig Line
- T326 L Guinto – Sta. Ana (Manila)
- T327 Herbosa/Pritil – P Guevarra via Tayuman (Manila)
- T328 Kalentong/JRC – P Victorino via P Cruz (Mandaluyong)
- T330 Divisoria – Sta Cruz via San Nicolas (Manila)
- T331 Kayamanan C – PRC via Pasong Tamo (Makati)
- T332 L Guinto – Zobel Roxas via Paco (Manila)
- T333 Lardizabal – Rizal Avenue via M. Dela Fuente (Manila)
- T334 Lealtad – Quiapo (Barbosa) via Lepanto (Manila)
- T335 Kalentong/JRC – Libertad, Nueve de Pebrero (Mandaluyong)
- T336 Kalentong/JRC – Namayan via Vergara (Mandaluyong)
- T338 North Harbor – Quiapo via Evangelista (Manila)
- T340 P Faura – San Andres (Manila)
- T343 Quezon Avenue, QC – Sta Mesa Market, Manila via Araneta Avenue
- T344 Crame – San Juan via Pinaglabanan
- T401 Alabang, Muntinlupa – Sucat, Parañaque via ML Quezon
- T402 Soldiers Hill (Phase IV) – Talon via Alvarez (Las Piñas)