About 17 areas across the country still remain under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 1 as Tropical Depression “Auring” now moves toward Eastern Samar on Monday, February 22, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said.
In its latest weather bulletin, PAGASA said the following areas are under Signal No. 1:
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Caramoan, Presentacion, Sagnay, Buhi, Iriga City, Nabua, Bato, Balatan)
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- Southern Leyte
- the northern portion of Cebu (Balamban, Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City, Consolacion, Liloan, Compostela, Asturias, Danao City, Carmen, Catmon, Sogod, Tuburan, Borbon, San Remigio, Tabuelan, Tabogon, Bogo City, Medellin, Daanbantayan) including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- the northern portion of Negros Occidental (Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias City, Manapla, Cadiz City, Sagay City, Toboso, Escalante City, Calatrava)
- the eastern portion of Capiz (Cuartero, Dumarao, Ma-Ayon, Pontevedra, Panay, President Roxas, Panitan, Dao, Pilar)
- the eastern portion of Iloilo (Lemery, Ajuy, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Balasan, Carles, San Rafael, Passi City, Barotac Viejo, Banate, San Enrique)
- Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte
According to PAGASA, the areas of Bicol Region, Northern Samar, Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, Leyte, Marinduque, Romblon, and Quezon will have moderate to heavy rains due to Auring.
Meanwhile, Aurora and the rest of Visayas, MIMAROPA, and CALABARZON meanwhile will have light to moderate with at times heavy rains.
On Tuesday, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Metro Manila, Camarines Norte, Bulacan, Aurora, Isabela, Cagayan including Babuyan Islands, and Batanes will have light to moderate with at times heavy rains.
PAGASA also warned that under the said conditions, scattered to widespread flooding, including flash floods, and rain-induced landslides are likely during heavy or prolonged rainfall especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to the hazards as identified in hazard maps.
The Northeast Monsoon (Amihan) and Auring will bring strong breezes with occasional gusts over areas under TCWS as well as over Aurora, Quezon, Marinduque, Romblon, Oriental Mindoro, Batanes, Babuyan Islands, the northern portions of Ilocos Norte, and mainland Cagayan, Cuyo Islands, Cagayancillo Islands, and the rest of Visayas and Bicol Region.
As of 7 AM, the eye of TD Auring was last seen at 205 km east northeast of Maasin City, Southern Leyte or 85 km east of Guiuan, Eastern Samar. It is moving north-northwestward at 20 km/h with a maximum sustained winds of 45 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 55 km/h.
Auring is expected to make landfall in the next 6 to 12 hours over Eastern Samar as a tropical depression or a low pressure area.