The new breed of directors who will give life to the 15th anniversary of the oldest film competition in the Philippine Cinema was presented to the public during the closing ceremony of this year’s Cinemalaya Film Festival, August 12 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
One of the directors who will showcase their film is actor and TV host, Xian Lim with his film’s working title “Tabon.”
In an interview, Lim gave hint on the genre of his film saying that the viewers can “expect a psychological thriller.” He also added how eager he is to be included in the finalists of Cinemalaya 2019 that he had to go through the process of turning a full script, callbacks, and present his concept and storyline to the board.
Xian also revealed that he underwent seminar with reknown writer, Ricky Lee.
LOOK: The official list of Film entries and their directors for the Cinemalaya 2019
— Cinemalaya (@cinemalayaoffcl) August 12, 2018
- ANI – Kim Suñiga and Sandra del Rosario
- Annak ti Karayan – Maricel Cabrera-Cariaga
- Belle Douleur – Job Villanueva-Alfonso
- Fucc Bois – Eduardo Roy Jr.
- Iska – Theodore Boborol
- John Denver Trending – Arden Condez
- Malamaya – Danica Sta. Lucia and Leilani Chavez
- Pandanggo – Sheryl Rose Andes
- Tabon – Xian Lim-Uy
- Ward – Christopher Charles Nazareno