Top Stories

Prez Duterte reiterates, no more peace talks: “Itong NPA, totodasin ko talaga sila”

Malacañang Photo

President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday maintained that the peace efforts between the government and the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CCP-NPA-NDF) will no longer reignite.

“Pero kayong enemies of the state, my orders are really to destroy, to destroy the apparatus. Itong NPA, totodasin ko talaga sila. Tatapusin ko. The talks are over. No more talks,” Duterte said during his arrival speech from India.

According to the President, he will be going after the legal fronts of the communist insurgents as they continue to fuel the flames of war of the CPP-NPA.

“I will go after the legal fronts. ‘Yung mga legal – illegal nila na collecting sa taxes, sa mga association,” Duterte further said.

So huwag tayong magbolahan. So I’m waiting for the decision of the Supreme Court. ‘Pag lumabas ‘yan as terrorist, which you are, really are. Imposing taxes here and there,” he added.

On November last year, President Duterte announced the collapse of the peace talks with the rebels, the following month he tagged the CPP’s armed wing, the NPA, as terrorist following their continuous attacks against the innocent.

Previously, however, Labor Secretary Silvestre “Bebot” Bello III, Chief Negotiator of the Government Peace Panel, said that they may still be hope to reignite the peace process between the two opposing side.

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*