The government has completely banned the deployment of Overseas Filipino Workers to Kuwait.
According to Labor Sec. Silvestre Bello III, President Rodrigo Duterte has already released an order for the total deployment ban of OFWs to the said country.
Bello said that they will release the order on February 12, and will also cover Filipinos that are planning to take a vacation in Kuwait. However, it is not yet clear, whether, the ban will also cover Filipinos already working in Kuwait.
This move from the government is in response after an OFW, has been discovered dead inside a freezer at an apartment in Kuwait.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti authorities are currently searching for the employers of Joanna Daniela Demafelis, the slain OFW.
But according to reports, Lebanese Naser Adef, the employer of Demafelis, along with his wife fled to his home country last November 2016.
Due to this, it is believed that the body of Demafelis, which had marks of torture and strangling, had been inside the freezer since her employer left.