New queens are ready to raise the flag of the country this year!
Out of 80 candidates, Gazzini Ganados of Talisay, Cebu clinched the much-coveted crown of Bb. Pilipinas 2019-Universe,o succeeding Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray. Also, her fellow Cebuana, Samantha Ashley Lo of Cebu City, was crowned Bb. Pilipinas-Grand International 2019.
With the theme “Beyond Beauty,” the pageant is a pre-Independence Day celebration that introduced new portions such as the Free Speak preliminary segment, wherein candidates were asked to elaborate on a picked topic for less than 30 seconds.
During the question and answer portion, Ganados, who is a former Reyna ng Aliwan 2015 2nd-runner up, put emphasis on her advocacy for the women’s right and elderly women.
One of the judges, Bobby Barreiro, Integrated Events Head, of ABS-CBN, asked her: “If you win the crown tonight, what will you do to get more women in the workplace?”
“If I win the crown tonight, what I do is to promote my advocacy. My advocacy is for us women to fight for our rights and for the elderly women and for us to know that someone is loving us, someone is pushing us to whatever ambitions that we have,” Ganados answered.
“We will be able to rise from our decisions, to whatever dreams that we have, goals that we have, and we will achieve it because of those values, that wisdom that they gave us. Thank you,” she added.
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray, as she expected, become emotional during her final walk while wearing her ‘Waling-Waling’ inspired gown by Mak Tumang.
“Forever Miss Philippines, forever a Binibini!” she said.
FULL LIST OF WINNERS:
- Pitoy Moreno National Costume Award: Emma Mary Tiglao of Pampanga
- Jag Denim Queen: Vickie Marie Rushton of Negros Occidental
- Miss Ever Bilena: Vickie Marie Rushton of Negros Occidental
- Manila Bulletin Reader’s Choice: Vickie Marie Rushton of Negros Occidental
- Miss Philippine Airlines: Martina Turner Diaz of Muntinlupa City
- Miss Pizza Hut: Emma Mary Tiglao of Pampanga
- Poten Cee Gandang Palaban: Vickie Marie Rushton of Negros Occidental
- Bb. Megawide: Bea Patricia Magtanong of Bataan
- Bb. Cream Silk: Vickie Marie Rushton of Negros Occidental
- Bb. Friendship: Marie Sherry Ann Tormes of Polangui, Albay
- Miss Talent: Cassandra Colleen Chan of Bacolod
- The Face of Binibini (Miss Photogenic): Gazini Ganados of Talisay, Cebu
- Best in Swimsuit: Bea Patricia Magtanong of Bataan
- Best in Long Gown: Gazini Ganados of Talisay, Cebu
- Miss Universe Philippines 2019: Gazini Ganados of Talisay, Cebu
- Bb. Pilipinas-International 2019: Bea Patricia Magtanong of Bataan
- Bb. Pilipinas-Supranational 2019: Resham Saeed of Maguindanao
- Bb. Pilipinas-Grand International 2019: Samantha Ashley Lo of Cebu City
- Bb. Pilipinas-Intercontinental 2019: Emma Mary Tiglao of Pampanga
- Bb. Pilipinas-Globe 2019: Leren Mae Bautista of Laguna
- Bb. Pilipinas 2019 1st Runner-up: Maria Andrea Abesamis of Pasig
- Bb. Pilipinas 2019 2nd Runner-up: Samantha Mae Bernardo of Palawan