Top Stories

DOJ orders probe on Nayong Pilipino’s contract with Hong Kong company

Nayong Pilipino

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has ordered the Office of the Corporate Government Counsel (OGCC) to investigate the lease contract between the Nayong Pilipino Foundation (NPF) and the Landing Resorts Philippines Development Corporation (LRPDC).

DOJ Sec. Menardo Guevarra said that he directed the OGCC to ‘review all the relevant facts and re-evaluate and examine all contracts, agreements, and other documents’ pertaining to the aforementioned transaction, including the legal opinions previously rendered by the agency to the NPF.

The OGCC will also have to submit a report with recommendations on the proper course of action for the government, as soon as possible.

On August 7, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque announced that President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the dismissal of the whole board of directors of the NPF due to a 70-year lease agreement considered by the Chief Executive as ‘grossly disadvantageous’.

While the aforementioned deal was not identified, NPF executive director Maria Fema Duterte previously filed criminal and administrative complaints against her fellow board members due to various anomalies, including their contract with LRPFC.

Malacanang announced the sacking of the NPF officials, while they were attending the groundbreaking ceremony for a casino project, Nayong Landing in Entertainment City, Paranaque.

LRPFC is a subsidiary of the Hong-Kong based company Landing International Development Ltd. that committed $ 1.5 billion investment in the said aforementioned casino.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*