The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) seeks to finish the official counting of votes for the senatorial and partylist race before the week ends.
However, COMELEC spokesperson Dir. James Jimenez said on Thursday, May 16, that the proclamation of the winners in the midterm elections will not happen within the week.
“We expect within the week matapos lahat pero ‘yung formal proclamation baka hindi this week kasi siyempre may invitations pa, may seremonyas,” Jimenez told reporters.
“But we will know the results very soon,” the COMELEC official added.
The COMELEC, serving as the National Board of Canvassers, has tallied 73 out of the 167 certificates of canvass as of 12:00AM on Thursday for the senatorial and partylist groups race
Based on the partial official canvass report of the poll body during that time, the top 12 in the senatorial race includes:
- Sen. Cynthia Villar (10,416,332 votes)
- Sen. Grace Poe (9,151,162 votes)
- Former Special Assistant to the President Christopher ‘Bong’ Go (8,549,086 votes)
- Taguig District Rep. Pia Cayetano (8,417,229 votes)
- Former Bureau of Corrections Director General Ronald Dela Rosa (8,025,527 votes)
- Sen. Sonny Angara ( 7,699,782 votes)
- Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos (7,157,978 votes)
- Former Presidential Adviser on Political Affairs Francis Tolentino (6,552,739 votes)
- Former Se. Lito Lapid (6,607,637 votes)
- Sen. Koko Pimentel (6,220,434 votes)
- Sen. JV Ejercito ( 6,220,434 votes) and
- Sen. Nancy Binay (5,949,885 votes)
Meanwhile, the top 10 partylists in the official and partial count of the COMELEC includes:
- ACT-CIS (1,361,983 votes)
- Ako Bicol (601,211 votes)
- Bayan Muna (498,599 votes)
- CIBAC (356729 votes)
- Probinsyano Ako (298,936 votes)
- Ang Probinsyano (296,500 votes)
- 1PACMAN (273,606 votes)
- Senior Citizens (246,697 votes)
- Gabriela (229,244 votes)
- Coop-NATCCO (218,054 votes).