The Cultural Center of the Philippines will host the first-ever Asia Choral Grand Prix on July 21.
The Asia Choral Grand Prix is a competition of the top prize winners of the following international choral festivals in Asia: the Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival (Philippines), the Bali International Choir Festival (Indonesia), and the Singapore International Choral Festival (Singapore).
The two top winning choirs chosen by the organizers from the winners of the 2017 and 2018 competitions of each of the participating festivals will come to Manila to compete in the first Asia Choral Grand Prix on July 21 at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater).
The six participating choirs are as follows:
- Brawijaya University Student Choir (Indonesia)
- University of the Philippines Los Baños Choral Ensemble (Philippines) representing the Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival
- e Deum Voice (Indonesia)
- Paduan Suara Mahasiswa Universitas Padjadjaran (Indonesia) representing the Bali International Choir Festival
- Vocalista Harmonic Choir ISI from Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
- St. Louis High School Choir (Indonesia) representing the Singapore International Choir Festival.
Each participating choir must render a varied programme of its choice with a maximum singing time of 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, a jury of five internationally renowned adjudicators with a maximum of two (2) Asians will evaluate the competition.
The Asia Choral Grand Prix 2019 is jointly organized by the artistic and festival directors of the three competitions to elevate the overall quality and appreciation of the choral art and inspire audiences and artists through choral music by uniting the outstanding festivals and competitions in Asia.
The next Asia Choral Grand Prix will be held in Indonesia in 2021 and in Singapore in 2023.
The Asia Choral Grand Prix will coincide with the last day of the 4th Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival which will be held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines on July 18-21, 2019.